IAI was responsible for dredging approximately 20,000 cubic yards of coal ash (or fly ash) from a pond at a power plant in Tonawanda, New York. Hydraulic dredging of the 7.3 acre pond was completed over a 5 week period. The dredged material was dewatered using a Total Clean System. Effluent from the Total Clean unit was injected with polymer, then allowed to settle in an adjacent equalization basin.
Scope of Work
IAI was responsible for hydraulic dredging, hydrographic surveying, and operation and maintenance of the Total Clean dewatering unit.
- 8 inch diameter swinging ladder hydraulic dredge
- 8 inch diameter fused HDPE header system
- Total Clean System for dewatering dredged material
- 10,000-lb telehandler
- Liquid polymer dilution and feed system
- Dredging coal ash pond
- 8" Swinging ladder dredge
- Total Clean dewatering system, used to process dredged coal ash
- Dewatered coal ash