IAI is working with our long-time client, Sun Communities, to install a new wastewater treatment plant at the Hidden Ridge RV Resort, in Hopkins, Michigan. IAI’s Engineering, Mechanical Services, and Contract Operations are working together to permit, install, and soon, operate a 30,000-gpd membrane bio reactor (MBR). The new plant will treat sanitary wastewater from the RV resort, and discharge to drain fields.
Services Provided by IAI
- Develop plan set and construction permit application
- Site preparation, including earthwork and concrete
- Installation of the package plant on the pad
- Installation of the backup power generator
- Expansion of one of the drain fields, where the treated wastewater is disposed of
- Electrical connections by our on-staff Journeyman Electrician
- Start-up assistance, alongside the manufacturer’s representative
- On-going operations, maintenance and management
The Need for a New Treatment System
Sanitary wastewater from the RV resort has historically been treated on site with a smaller, attached-growth, biological system. Problems were experienced, including a lack of capacity to serve additional sites at the RV resort, and compliance problems with discharge limitations for phosphorus and Total Inorganic Nitrogen (TIN). IAI’s Contract Operations team was contacted by the resort owner, Sun Communities, Inc., and tasked with evaluating the existing system to determine whether it could meet the needs of the resort. IAI attempted a number of process control changes to improve the performance of the existing system, which proved unsustainable. Finally, Sun Communities instructed IAI to complete a Feasibility Study, for the selection of a new treatment process, to be installed at Hidden Ridge. A package membrane bio reactor (MBR) plant was chosen, the miniMBR®, as manufactured by ITP, LLC and represented by Energenecs.
This project is a collaboration between IAI’s Engineering, Mechanical Services and Contract Operations teams. To learn more about the water and wastewater capabilities of these teams, click the images below: