IAI was contracted to remove and dewater 13,500 cubic yards of accumulated sludge from three wastewater treatment lagoons at a manufacturing facility in Quincy, Michigan.
The sludge was hydraulically dredged using an 8 inch diameter auger head dredge and dewatered using mobile (trailer-mounted) belt filter presses. After dewatering, the sludge was loaded onto trucks and disposed of in a local landfill.
IAI served as the General Contractor on this project, providing hydraulic dredging and mechanical dewatering services.
Scope of Work
- Hydraulically dredge wastewater lagoon sludge
- Homogenize & chemically condition dredged sludge
- Dewater sludge utilizing belt presses
- Truck dried material to landfill for disposal
- 8 inch diameter hydraulic auger dredge
- 8 inch diameter HDPE dredged material transfer pipeline
- 20,000 gallon mixing tank
- 2 meter belt filter press, trailer-mounted
- Chemical feed system
- Front-end loader
- Trucks with gravel-train trailers